Saturday, February 15, 2014

Spring Oreos & Jesus Christ


Spring Oreos & Jesus Christ

Valentine’s Day is all about love
...
right?
Well, after eighteen years, I’ve come to find the highs and lows of this aggressive holiday. 
 After the best Valentine’s Day, I have ever experienced. I have come to a realization of Love.
DO NOT CONVINCE IT.
Convincing a person that you are really cool  is different from somebody naturally intrigued by you. 
(on a scale of one-to-slurpee, you’d be like a frappuccino to them)
 It’s not about impressing and convincing. 
Jesus is love.
God never convinced us to love Him.
No. He said, this is me. Take it or leave it. 
Choice and voice were intentionally left for the human race. 
I don’t love a man, romantically. But I have experienced love. And none, which required me to convince the other to do so.
This morning my Pops, stressed out, busy providing, and exhausted,
my Pops 
bought me 
“Special Edition Spring Oreos” 
and a note that said, “Chloe, you’re a blessing”
The last few nights, I have been horrible to my dad. 
I have yelled and thrown tantrums and acted like a five year-old because life hasn’t turned out the way I wanted it to. 
I don’t think that convinced him to buy me my kryptonite, Oreos.
Tantrums, don’t usually make a productive selling point. 
But he did. 
And now, after a wonderfully long day, 
I’m in bed contemplating true love:
Spring Oreos & Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment