Monday, March 31, 2014

Father,




Father, I’m weary. 
I’m an impatient fool.
I’m a shadow chaser.
Mine is running
While I am crawling


Father, please forgive my future
My past is a mess made beautiful 
But my life will continue 
The map I look for guidance is black
I’m waiting
Be the lamp that leads me back
Lead me back
Back to you


Father, speak to me now
I will listen
I will look
Focus on you
You say, “don’t you know you’re my daughter?”
I struggle with acceptance
I live as an orphan

Father, you say, “you are beautiful, my beloved”
But I listen to the noise.
I hold myself against paper
Chained to the air
The vapor 
Standards that crumble 

Father, lift me up
My ears are under
My heart is muted
Lift me up
So I may hear your sweet voice
Where my lungs are resting
And my breathes are steady
Where my heart is beating
And your love is heavy

Father

No comments:

Post a Comment